The college is committed to forming a first-class research system with a deep fusion/integration of medicine and engineering, basic and applied research. Four distinctive research fields have been formed for the Biomedical Engineering discipline:
(1) Biomechanics and Tissue Repair: The direction is focused on the mechanical laws in the occurrence and development of tumor, musculoskeletal system, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular system, in order to develop new tissue repair technologies on the basis of force signal conduction, feedback and dynamic quantitative regulation.
(2) Intelligent Digital Health and Equipment: The mission is to breakthrough key technologies of dynamic identification and precise intervention of health functional state, and develop personalized products for health intervention and intelligent function enhancement.
(3) Biomaterials and Medical Devices: The construction, connection, and interaction principles inspired by multiple biological intelligence and regularities are used and integrated to develop interventional devices and biomaterials for active repair, accurate diagnosis, and treatment of disease.
(4) Molecular and Cellular Medical Engineering: The mission is to develop new strategies for reprogramming and programmed intervention of cell/tissue microenvironment by studies centering on the spatiotemporal relationship between disease evolution and functional molecular information at the mesoscopic/microscopic levels.
The research fields of our Biology discipline include:
(1) Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: The direction is focused on the research of functions of important proteins, tools for gene expression regulation, development of gene engineering technologies such as stress resistance gene loops and breeding, phylogenetic programming, metabolic regulation, as well as molecular regulation strategies for disease treatment.
(2) Cell Biology: The cell biological mechanisms of human vascular homeostasis and remodeling, tumor, and chronic diseases are studied in this direction. New principles and systems of stem cells and cell growth regulation related to regeneration and rehabilitation are also explored.
(3) Biophysics: It mainly involves cell metabolism spectra, ion metabolism, three-dimensional and topological structures in physiological and pathological microenvironments, and methods for the transduction and programmed regulation of stress signals, nerve signals.
(4) Microbiology: The mission is to study the artificial design and synthesis of prokaryotic and eukaryotic biological genomes, pathogenic microorganism infection, bacterial drug resistance mechanism and intervention, the development of diagnosis, treatment and prevention strategies of infectious diseases, as well as new nutrition and health strategies for intestinal microenvironment.
Copyrights ? 2020 Bioengineering College of Chongqing University .